Wednesday, April 6, 2011

First Impressions

First impressions make all of the difference in the world! Last week I had a couple down here from NY to find there next home purchase. Before they got here I sent them a list of homes that matched their criteria and there were literally hundreds of them to chose from. So they sifted thru the pictures and read the property descriptions to see which ones made the cut. A home that was cluttered with personal items, not properly staged and neutralized could have easily gotten the ax. Even though, beneath all of that it could have been the perfect house for the buyers. The purpose of home staging is to present your home in the best possible light. Just like an on-line dating profile your MLS listing needs to focus on your homes positive attributes and really make it shine. This is a mutual responsibility of the homeowner and realtor. The two have to work together in order to do this. The product and presentation are key! If you are thinking about putting your home on the market but aren't really sure how to begin to get ready to do so, I'd be happy to set up a time to come over and walk thru your home with you and give you some homework. Or if you are like some of my clients who refuse to let me thru the doors without the home being in pristine condition, that's fine too. E-mail me and I'll send you a checklist of to-do's. I'd love to have the opportunity to make your home's first impression a lasting one!

No comments:

Post a Comment