Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Notice of Appraised Value

Many homeowner's have opened their mailboxes this week to find a nice little note from the county appraisal district. They have just sent out their 2011 Notice of Appraised Value. The higher your appraised value on your property= the more property taxes you pay. The appraisal district is hoping that you will fall into the category of the 95% of homeowners that just accept whatever value is put on their property. If you feel that your property is overvalued or just want to double check it feel free to call or e-mail me, give me your address and I'll check it out.

The protest process is pretty simple, however most homeowner's just don't take the time to do it. Never, ever, EVER pay one of those companies to do it for you!

If you purchased your home within the last year and your appraised amount exceeds what you paid for the property lowering your tax bill can be as easy as sending the appraisal district your HUD closing statement.

Let me know if I can help you out, I'd be happy to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment